How does NCEA work?
Three Levels of NCEA Certificate
- Level 1 – For all levels, 80 credits are required, which includes 20 credits of literacy and numeracy.
- Level 2 – For level 2 or above, 60 credits are required and the 20 credits of literacy and numeracy.
- Level 3 – For level 3 or above, 80 credits are required, with at least 60 credits at level three and at least 20 credits at level 2.
Check out these options you can try through VSTET:
Summer School or Foundation Course
Secondary Tertiary Alignment Resource (STAR)
NCEA Changes in 2021
- You can gain extra credits based on the number of credits you achieve during this school year.
- You can gain one additional credit for every 5 credits you achieve towards your NCEA either through internal or external assessment.
- Learners at level 1 are eligible for up to 8 additional credits.
- If you achieve 46 credits at Merit or Excellence level instead of the usual 50, you will be awarded a certificate endorsement. For those achieving 12 credits at Merit or Excellence instead of the usual 14 credits, a course endorsement will be awarded.