Eligibility for NCEA Level 1 & NCEA Level 2
NCEA L1 and L2 programmes
- Age: Must be 16 years or over on the date of commencing enrolment in the programme, and no more than 24 years in December of the year of enrolment. (Note that someone aged 15 years may be eligible to enrol if they have an early leaving exemption from their school).
- Citizenship: Must be a domestic student – i.e. New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Time frames and minimum commitments: Must be enrolled in at least 60 credits of full-time study – i.e. 30 hours per week for twenty academic weeks.
- Language: Students whose first language is not English should provide evidence of functional, daily living, general literacy. All tuition is conducted in English.
- Literacy and Numeracy: Must complete the TEC literacy and numeracy assessment at the start of the programme and additional assessments later in the programme to gauge progress with literacy and numeracy.
- Concurrent enrolment: Must not be enrolled in a secondary school at the same time.
- Step Up, Step Out Foundation Skills – no entry criteria;
- Childcare – no entry criteria;.
- Construction – Capable of working in a workshop environment and selecting and using a range of hand and power tools without compromising the safety of self or others.
- Hospitality – capable of moving comfortably around a sales counter area, able to read an EFTPOS machine and sales terminal, to read product labels and to price products for sale.