Enroling now for 2024 The Programme
- New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 1)
- This embeds the New Zealand Certificate in Building, Construction and Allied Trades (Level 1)
- Holders of this qualification will be able to progress to study or training at NZQF Level 2, including the New Zealand Certificate in Information Skill (Level 2),
- National Certificate of Educational Achievement (Level 2),
- New Zealand Certificate in Building, Construction and Allied Trades (Level 2).
- Understand self-management strategies to organise personal life, maintain well-being and continue learning.
- Interact positively with people from their own and other cultures, both individually and in group environments including work and community.
- Organise, interpret, and communicate information using basic literacy and numeracy skills in relevant contexts.
- Participate effectively in their whanau and wider community, and work in structured entry-level roles.
- Make simple repairs and maintenance in their own home environments and/or those of their whanau and wider community..
Participants will be provided with the skills to safely perform basic tasks and complete simple projects in highly structured and closely supervised construction contexts.
The programme will provide foundation knowledge and skills relevant to a wide range of trade occupations and will enable participants to have a taste of the industry sector and to consider future employment pathways across more specialised construction/infra-structure contexts.
Unit standard credits gained while on the programme will contribute toward NCEA Level One.